Advanced QC Strategies
Westgard QC is proud to announce the new 4th edition of our most popular textbook, Basic QC Practices.
Advanced QC Strategies, 1st Edition
Risk-Based Design for Medical Laboratories
James O. Westgard, PhD
Hassan Bayat PhD (CLS)
Sten Westgard, MS
264 pages, 9" by 6" paperback
Library of Congress Control Number: 2022942184
NOW Available for PRE-ORDER.
***(Order online with ADVANCEDINADVANCE and save $20!, Offer Expires August 17th, 2022)
TIME TO LEVEL UP YOUR QUALITY CONTROL!
- BEYOND THE REPEAT - HOW TO DITCH THE WASTE OF DO-OVER QC
- SYNCHRONIZE YOUR QC TO MINIMIZE PATIENT RISK, NOT THE PLANETARY ROTATION - FROM ONCE A DAY TO WHAT THE PATIENT NEEDS
- BUILD YOUR OWN PRACTICAL TOOL TO ASSESS SIGMA-METRICS, OPTIMIZE YOUR RUNS, RULES AND FREQUENCY
- SUPPLEMENT YOUR QC WITH PBRTQC - WHEN MOVING AVERAGES MAKES SENSE
- MAKING MEASUREMENT UNCERTAINTY MAKE SENSE - WHEN YOU NEED IT, AND WHEN YOU DON'T
- STANDARDIZING MEANS AND SDS ACROSS INSTRUMENTS AND LABORATORIES - WHAT'S ACCEPTABLE AND WHAT'S DANGEROUS
- ASSESSING REAGENT LOT-TO-LOT ACCEPTABILITY - HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE IS ALLOWABLE?
Thousands of laboratory professionals have made the Basic QC Practices their standard reference on laboratory quality control. Now it's time to raise the bar, to optimize, to customize, to make QC better than it's ever been before.
In Advanced QC Strategies, Westgard, Bayat and Westgard go beyond the basics, to the higher levels of optimization and customization that today's technology and techniques make possible.
In 21 chapters, Westgard, Bayat and Westgard demonstrate the possibilities of cutting-edge quality control. With their signature wit and unparalleled wisdom, they offer into what sounds like the QC of the future, but is available to enterprising laboratories today:
- Risk-based QC procedures that optimize rules, runs, and frequency
- Sage advice on standardizing means and SDs across instruments and laboratories
- Better ways to assess lot-to-lot reagent differences
- The promises and perils of Patient-Based Real-Time QC (PBRTQC)
- ISO 15189, how the global standard for quality control is changing
- Measurement Uncertainty and Traceability, the MU-vement taking the world by storm
- Quality Management Systems driven by Six Sigma, Patient Risk, instead of craven compliance
Laboratories deserve QC practices that maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and good patient care.
It's possible with Advanced QC Strategies.
Table of Contents
|1. Managing Quality||1|
|2. Reviewing Current SQC Practice Guidelines||13|
|3. Developing a Total QC Plan||27|
|4. Adopting a Sigma-based SQC Planning Process||33|
|5. Planning SQC Strategies for Bracketed Operation||51|
|6. Optimizing QC Frequency for Patient Risk
|7. Preparing Excel QC Frequency Calculators
|8. Considering Sigma for Multiple Control Levels||101|
|9. Planning SQC for Multitest Analyzers
|10. Defining Quality Required for Intended Use
|11. Assessing Potential Usefulness of PBRTQC
|12. Upgrading Multirules with Moving Averages
|13. Re-designing QC Wrongly for the Traceability Era
|14. Determing MU from QC Data
|15. Evaluating Repeat:2s QC Practices
|16. Standardizing Means and SDs for multiple instruments
|17. Controling Differences between Reagent Lots
|18. Summing it Up!
|19. Boiling it Down!||219|
|20. Preparing for Practical Applications (Worksheets for use)||235|
|21. A Final Word||255|
Purchase of the book includes Exclusive access to online content, calculators, supplements and downloads.