Basic Method Validation, 4th Edition
The 4th edition of this essential roadmap to validation, verification and evaluation of new methods in the medical laboratory
Base price with tax
Salesprice with discount
Price / kg:
2020, 312 pages, 9" by 6" paperback
List price: $80.00
REVISED, EXPANDED AND UPDATED!
- THE BEST EXPLANATION OF HOW TO CHECK OUT A NEW METHOD IN YOUR LAB
- OVER 100 CHARTS, GRAPHS, TABLES and ILLUSTRATIONS!
- THE DEFINITIVE BOOK ON LABORATORY QUALITY FOR MORE THAN TWO DECADES
- NOW INCLUDES A CHAPTER ON QUALITATIVE TEST VALIDATION AND VERIFICATION - CRUCIAL FOR PCR, SEROLOGY AND LATERAL FLOW TESTS USED IN THE COVID19 PANDEMIC
- DISCUSSES THE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES OF CHOOSING VALIDATION OR VERIFICATION FOR YOUR METHODS
- EXPLAINS HOW ISO STANDARDS INTEGRATE WITH CLIA, CAP AND OTHER REGULATIONS
Thousands of medical technology professionals have made the Basic Method Validation and Verification their roadmap to implementing new methods in their laboratory.
In the fourth edition, Dr. James O. Westgard and colleagues have updated their coverage:
- Updated Verification and Validation regulations, guidelines, and recommendations from around the world.
- New explanations about practical approaches to validate Qualitative methods
- Expanded discussion of the multiple ways to compare methods, from Difference plots to Scatter plots, from Deming regression to Passing-Bablok
- Exclusive access to online content that supplements and tests your knowledge of the material
Basic Validation and Verification is the plain language, common sense guide to the studies and statistics that govern the evaluation, validation and verification of a laboratory method. For healthcare pratictioners who want to implement and operate valid QC procedures, this manual is an essential reference.