Basic QC Practices 4th Edition
Westgard QC is proud to announce the new 4th edition of our most popular textbook, Basic QC Practices.
Basic Quality Control Practices, 4th Edition
Training in Statistical Quality Control for Medical Laboratories
[Special discount extended: Save $15 off the cost of the book with the coupon code GETBACKTOBASICS.
The fine print: Online store only, cannot be combined with other offers. One coupon per order, per customer. Expires March 31st, 2020.]
BASIC QUALITY CONTROL: REVISED AND UPDATED!
- THE BEST EXPLANATION OF THE FUNDAMENTALS OF QC, LEVEY-JENNINGS CHARTS, and "WESTGARD RULES"
- OVER 100 CHARTS, GRAPHS, TABLES and ILLUSTRATIONS!
- THE DEFINITIVE BOOK ON LABORATORY QUALITY FOR MORE THAN A DECADE
- NOW INCLUDES THE "WESTGARD SIGMA RULES" - CONNECTING RULES TO YOUR PERFORMANCE
- NOW INCLUDES QC FREQUENCY GUIDELINES - HOW OFTEN DO YOU REALLY NEED TO RUN CONTROLS
- IQCP ADVICE
Thousands of laboratory professionals have made the Basic QC Practices their standard reference on laboratory quality control.
In the fourth edition, Dr. James O. Westgard and colleagues have updated their coverage:
- Updated discussion of IQCP requirements
- New explanations about practical ways to determine QC frequency
- Comprehensive treatment of the Total Testing Process, including Pre-Analytical Quality and Post-Analytical Quality
- Exclusive access to online content that supplements and tests your knowledge of the material
Now more than ever, Basic QC Practices is the gold standard for learning Quality Control: a concise and comprehensive introduction to the backbone of the laboratory -- statistical quality control. For healthcare pratictioners who want to implement and operate valid QC procedures, this manual is an essential reference.
Praise for the First Edition
"This extremely readable book delivers what it promises, and more…It is a refreshing blend of theory and practical advice that is useful for teaching, for review, and for everyday laboratory operations."
Robert L. Murray, Clinical Chemistry
"It is an ideal reference for those who want to implement and operate valid QC procedures in central laboratories or point of care testing settings… I enjoyed working through the book and visiting the Internet references. Books on quality control can be boring, this is not one such book."
Les Watkinson, PhD, Clinical Biochemist Newsletter
Table of Contents
|1. Managing Analytical Quality||1|
|2. Understanding Statistical Quality Control||15|
|3. Preparing a Control Chart||25|
|4. Interpreting QC with the "Westgard Rules"||45|
|5. Interpreting Multilevel QC Results||59|
|6. Solving Out-of-Control Problems||77|
|7. Documenting QC Results and Corrective Actions||89|
|8. Doing the Right QC Right||95|
|9. Selecting the Right Control Materials
|10. Performing the Right Calculations||117|
|11. Selecting the Right QC Procedure
|12. Determining the Right Frequency of Controls||153|
|13. Assuring Quality for the Total Testing Process||161|
|14. Complying with CLIA QC Regulations||171|
|15. Developing a QC Plan||191|
|16. Evaluating Risk||207|
|17. Mitigating Risk||221|
|18. Implementing Repeat Patient Test Controls||223|
|19. Developing QA to monitor the QC Plan||245|
|20. Monitoring Quality with EQA and PT||253|
|21. Implementing a Quality Management System||271|
|22. Managing Pre- and Post-Analytical Quality||291|
|23. Assuring the Right Quality Right||309|